Penang, is also known as the Pearl of the Orient, embracing modernity while retaining its traditional charm. Being able to preserve its heritage buildings, George Town has been accorded a listing as a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site and has attracted many travellers like you!
Long regarded as the Food Capital of Malaysia, Penang is also well known to be a place which entices visitors with its beautiful coasts and delicious cuisines, ranging from hawker local favourites to cozy restaurants with experienced chefs. While you are enjoying the beautiful beaches, don’t miss the opportunity to hang out along the city of Penang Island. A Penang Georgetown Accommodation may provide a completely different experience to your trip!
Staying in the city not only allows you to access local hot spots easily but also helps you get famous foods with super duper convenience. TIDO Hostel, a youth hostel offering a total of 88 beds, located along Argyll Road is highly accessible for travellers with a range of public transportation from buses to taxis.
Did you know that Argylle Road used to be home to Datuk David Arumugam, the vocalist of a successful Malaysia-based band, AlleyCats? If you have not heard of it, go look them up! You will be surprised!
Well, there’s more! The rustic charm of Penang’s state capital, George Town, is just minutes from TIDO Hostel too! With this in mind, you definitely have plenty to do and plenty to eat!
Are you a first timer visiting Penang? If you are, you will definitely enjoy those heritage building architecture and street arts around Georgetown and yes, go ahead to take a Selfie or Wefie!
Taking into account that Penang is an island, we’ve chosen to design this youth hostel with tropical flora and fauna in mind while mixing it up with bright funky colours, making this your very own modern ‘secret garden’. This makes it a great place to bunk down for solo travellers and small groups and it’s also a perfect place for college students, school groups and young corporates executives!
- Free Breakfast (Yes!)
- Air Conditioned Rooms
- Free WIFI (Be sure to Instagram us!)
- Clean Towel
- Shower Gel
- Iron and Ironing Board (Well, you might have a crinkly shirt that needs straightening out…)
- Hair Dryer (You’ve got to keep those lovely locks dry somehow…)
- Self Laundry (Peace Of Mind…)
- Bicycles for Rent (Cool! Ride Along Georgetown For Street Art!)
- International Power Plugs (Welcoming people from all around the world!)
- Personal Reading Light
- Space to Read, interact with others or watch TV
- Designated locker space with key
- Security key card system (We take your safety seriously.)
- Board games
- Books and magazines (We understand. Sometimes You Just Need A Quiet Moment)
- Non-smoking rooms and dorms
- Lobby/Reception (We’re here if you need us.)